NatHERS (Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme) is a star rating system (out of 10) that rates the thermal efficiency of the home’s design. In other words, how well the house can stay at a comfortable temperature throughout the year without artificial heating or cooling. Every Ecovillage home must achieve a minimum of 7 stars. Read more on our Sustainability Assessments page.
THE PAVILLIONS – Price on enquiry
DESIGNED in-house by the Ecovillage design Team
YOUR CHOICE OF BUILDER, MATERIALS AND PRICE
Sun shine on! By splitting the house volume into a separate living pod and sleeping wing linked by a library walkway, The Pavillions maximises its northern solar exposure and opportunity for cross ventilation, bringing glorious light and sea breezes into your home. The result is naturally well-lit living spaces with two courtyard patio areas adjoining three bedrooms to encourage alfresco living and a seamless connection with the landscape.
- Three choices of structural materials:
- Timber (three cladding options)
- Vulcan Hector FSC Mix Fine Bandsawn Austim
- Locally sourced Plantation Eucalyptus Saligna (Sydney Blue Gum)
- Linea FC Cladding James Hardie
- Passive house
- Timber (three cladding options)
- Zincalume roofing
- uPVC double glazed windows
- Burnished concrete floors and tiled bathrooms / laundry
(Refer to Specifications Schedule for more detail.)
- Passive solar design
- Well insulated, thermally efficient home
- Low embodied energy materials (carbon negative)
- Energy efficient heat pump hot water system
- Plumbed ready for greywater system
- Minimum 6.6kW solar PV system (not included)
- Rainwater tanks and pump (not included)
(Refer to Inclusions / Exclusions List for more detail.)
Pre-designed Homes Pricing
Ecovillage Pre-designed Homes + lot consist of two wholly separate contracts: for the land and the house.
- Buyers must purchase and settle on an Ecovillage lot first from the developer, Sustainable Settlements. If you need finance, you’ll need to apply for a separate loan from a financial institution for the land.
- Buyers then enter into a separate financial agreement and building contract with their chosen builder. Sustainable Settlements (the Witchcliffe Ecovillage) is not involved in this process. So regardless of whether you opt for a bespoke design and build or you choose a house design from our range of Pre-designed Homes, you will need to work directly with your builder and your financial institution during the home building process.
Documentation and Certifications
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is an excellent method for measuring the environmental impact of a building by assessing “every single impact aspect of a product or process over its entire life span. We require every Ecovillage home to undertake an LCA. Read more about Sustainability Assessments here.
Each House & Land Package house design has its own specification schedule that forms part of the advertised price. Please contact the builder directly if you wish to amend the specifications of this house design.Download Specification schedule
Please download this Inclusions and Exclusions List to understand what the builders have assumed within their build price.download inclusions / exclusions list
We have required all our builders to undertake an independent financial health check using www.alwayscheckyourbuilder.com.au and to make this available to any prospective clients on request.