NatHERS (Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme) is a star rating system (out of 10) that rates the thermal efficiency of the home’s design. In other words, how well the house can stay at a comfortable temperature throughout the year without artificial heating or cooling. Every Ecovillage home must achieve a minimum of 7 stars. Read more on our Sustainability Assessments page.
The BANKSIA - $269,999
DESIGNED by Green Scene design; built by new earth living
With a small footprint but a big character, this sweet two bedroom home compliments the Ecovillage lifestyle. The northern side features a hempcrete wall with a lime render and natural edged hardwood weatherboard cladding for the remaining external perimeter. The open plan kitchen, living and dining has a crushed limestone earth wall to the south and a raw hemp wall to the north, providing a high thermal efficiency with a beautiful biophilic feel.
The Banksia is timber framed with large 120mm framework to fit a R3.2 acoustic insulation batt. The external perimeter has a Passivhaus moisture membrane wrap, with an air sealing wrap for the internal perimeter and ceilings. Equipped with a heat recovery system for ventilation and ceiling fans throughout, this is a high performing home.
The kitchen, living, and dining has a raked plywood ceiling with negative detail joins, offering an expansive feel with a modern vibe. The Banksia is equipped with UPVC double glazed doors and windows with feature glass bricks in the bathroom. The home opens to a northern deck and skillion designed alfresco, with natural bush poles and hardwood framing.
The heart of the home, the kitchen, features a hand-crafted Southern Mahogany timber benchtop with natural edges, which we have also flowed throughout the home to the laundry and bathroom benches. The Banksia is a healthy home that encompasses nature throughout the design, promoting well-being and a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
Designed by Green Scene Design for New Earth Living, this hempcrete and timber frame home is priced at $269,999.00. For detailed information about this home, please download the specification schedule below and contact Brendan at New Earth Living directly.
- Hempcrete and timber frame construction
- Zincalume roofing
- uPVC double glazed windows
- Burnished concrete floors and tiled bathrooms / laundry
(Refer to Specifications Schedule for more detail.)
- Passive solar design
- Well insulated, thermally efficient home
- Low embodied energy materials (carbon negative)
- Energy efficient heat pump hot water system
- Plumbed ready for greywater system
- Minimum 6.6kW solar PV system (not included)
- Rainwater tanks and pump (not included)
(Refer to Inclusions / Exclusions List for more detail.)
House & Land Package Pricing
Ecovillage House & Land Packages consist of two wholly separate contracts: for the land and the house.
- Buyers must purchase and settle on an Ecovillage lot first from the developer, Sustainable Settlements. If you need finance, you'll need to apply for a separate loan from a financial institution for the land.
- Buyers then enter into a separate financial agreement and building contract with their chosen builder. Sustainable Settlements (the Witchcliffe Ecovillage) is not involved in this process. So regardless of whether you opt for a bespoke design and build or you choose a house design from our range of House & Land Packages, you will need to work directly with your builder and your financial institution during the home building process.
Documentation and Certifications
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is an excellent method for measuring the environmental impact of a building by assessing “every single impact aspect of a product or process over its entire life span. We require every Ecovillage home to undertake an LCA. Read more about Sustainability Assessments here.
Each House & Land Package house design has its own specification schedule that forms part of the advertised price. Please contact the builder directly if you wish to amend the specifications of this house design.Download Specification schedule
Please download this Inclusions and Exclusions List to understand what the builders have assumed within their build price.download inclusions / exclusions list
We have required all our builders to undertake an independent financial health check using www.alwayscheckyourbuilder.com.au and to make this available to any prospective clients on request.