The Witchcliffe Ecovillage Design Team has put together a list of recommendations for service suppliers, namely builders and designers, to make life easier for residents starting their building journey. However, this list is not exhaustive nor does it preclude you from choosing other consultants as long as they conform to the Building Design Guidelines.
What is an Ecovillage preferred supplier?
Our preferred suppliers are companies and individuals with whom the Ecovillage team has fostered a good working relationship. Some are longstanding, trusted partners and others are new relationships with providers who are keen supporters of the Ecovillage. All are aligned with our values and produce quality work that we can recommend. To be listed on our preferred supplier list, a builder or designer must first:
have read and understood the Ecovillage Sustainable Building Design Guidelines and Local Development Plans (available on the Document Library)
be able to show a previous body of work in sustainable building or design
have a client who is building at the Ecovillage and go through the design review process with us, and through that interaction give us confidence in your abilities and values
While we are tacitly recommending these service suppliers by listing them here on our website for the benefit of our buyers, Sustainable Settlements is not allied with any provider, receives no commission or benefits, nor does it provide any guarantee of workmanship or service. Ecovillage buyers who wish to make an enquiry or engage with any of the listed suppliers must do so directly (not through Sustainable Settlements).
- Tallwood Custom Built Homes (Alex Campbell)
- Tate Construction (Barry Tate)
- Kerrigan Builders (Mark Kerrigan)
- Big Ben Builders (Ben Heah)
- Econcepts (Wade Brown)
- Homes By Nature (Cameron Richardson and Henry Weldon)
- Wandoo Design and Construction (Moss Johnson)
- Loop Design Build (Danny Sheiner)
- Paradigm Construction (Armand Lizee)
- Redgate Building (Mark Ivers)
- Seascape Designs (David Pratt)
- Modhouse Homes (Sean Howard)
- Green Housing Co. & Chadwick Builders (Mark Chadwick)
- Honeypot Homes (Jarrad Newman)
Architects and Building Designers
- Econests by Arcologic (John Damant)
- Coveney Browne Design (Niall Browne)
- Design Button (Pernille Stent)
- Sorensen Architects (Michael Sorensen)
- Terra Design Lab (Manuela Gioia)
- Ecotect Architects (Gary Baverstock)
- MBa. (Marcus Browne)
- Nikko Design (Nikko)
- Ambient Building Design (Drew Szandter)
- Solar Dwellings (Griff Morris)
- Plot Design (Aaron Boultbee)
- Loop Design and Build (Danny Sheiner)
- Paul Lane Design (Paul Lane)
- All West Building Approvals (Busselton)
- Riverside Building Approvals (Margaret River)
- Be Safe Inspections (Capel)
Electricians (solar installation)
- Integrated Electrical Contracting (Bodhi Sutton)
Ecovillage supplier deals
We have always wanted to use our community’s bulk buying potential to negotiate great deals on high quality, approved products that we’re all going to need. We’re excited to be able to offer fantastic pricing on exceptional products exclusively for Ecovillage residents.
Detailed information about these special Ecovillage supplier deals is available to lot purchasers only via a password-protected page on our website. Once you have settled on your lot in the Ecovillage, we will send you this link and password in a welcome email.
Please note: WEV does not make any commission or derive any benefit from these promotions, so please conduct your own due diligence on all products listed. WEV will not get involved in the procurement of products or negotiation with suppliers.