The Witchcliffe Ecovillage Design Team has spent countless hours researching and communicating with various suppliers, builders and service organisations to put together a list of recommendations to make life easier for residents starting their building journey. However, this list is not exhaustive nor does it preclude you from choosing other suppliers as long as they conform to the Building Design Guidelines.
What is an Ecovillage preferred supplier?
Our preferred suppliers are companies and individuals with whom the Ecovillage team has fostered a good working relationship. Some are longstanding, trusted partners and others are new relationships with providers who are keen supporters of the Ecovillage. All are aligned with our values and produce quality work that we can recommend. To be listed on our preferred supplier list, a builder or designer must first:
have read and understood the Ecovillage Sustainable Building Design Guidelines - Oct 2020 and Local Development Plans
be able to show a previous body of work in sustainable building or design
have a client who is building at the Ecovillage and go through the design review process with us, and through that interaction give us confidence in your abilities and values
While we are tacitly recommending these service suppliers by listing them here on our website for the benefit of our buyers, Sustainable Settlements is not allied with any provider, receives no commission or benefits, nor does it provide any guarantee of workmanship or service.
Ecovillage buyers who wish to make an enquiry or engage with any of the listed suppliers must do so directly (not through Sustainable Settlements).
Ecovillage Supplier Special Deals
We have always wanted to use our community’s bulk buying potential to negotiate great deals on high quality, approved products that we’re all going to need. We’re excited to be able to offer fantastic pricing on exceptional products (with more to come) exclusively for Ecovillage residents. Detailed information about these special Ecovillage supplier deals is available to lot purchasers only via a password-protected page on our website.
ecovillage preferred suppliers
Architects and Building Designers
- Arcologic (John Damant)
- Sorensen Architects (Michael Sorensen)
- Terra Design Lab (Manuela Gioia)
- Ecotect Architects (James Shaw)
- Nikko Design (Nikko)
- Paul Lane Design (Paul Lane)
- Loop Design and Build (Danny Sheiner)
- David Barr Architect (David Barr)
- Coveney Browne Design (Niall Browne)
- Design Button (Pernille Stent)
- Ambient Building Design (Drew Szandter)
- Solar Dwellings (Griff Morris)
- SidThoo (Sid Thoo)
- Ecotecture (Matt Wallwork)
- Plot Design (Aaron Boultbee)
- Kerrigan Builders (Mark Kerrigan)
- Econcepts (Wade Brown)
- Wandoo Design and Construction (Moss Johnson)
- Big Ben Builders (Ben Heah)
- Loop Design Build (Danny Sheiner)
- Tate Construction (Barry Tate)
- Paradigm Construction (Armand Lizee)
- iSmart Building Group (Brian Guinan) and Tallwood Custom Built Homes (Alex Campbell)
- Redgate Building (Mark Ivers)
- Seascape Designs (David Pratt)
- Modhouse Homes (Sean Howard)
- Topio Landscape Architecture (Nicola Anastas)
- All West Building Approvals (Busselton)
- Riverside Building Approvals (Margaret River)
- Be Safe Inspections (Capel)
Electricians (solar installation)
- Integrated Electrical Contracting (Bodhi Sutton)
Ecovillage supplier deals
Detailed information about these special Ecovillage supplier deals is available to lot purchasers only via a password-protected page on our website. Once you have signed a sales contract and paid your lot deposit, we will send you this link and password.
- Vicki Philipoff Settlements – As the purchaser of an Ecovillage lot you are able to nominate your own settlement agent. We are using Vicki Philipoff Settlements and she has provided a special rate for Ecovillage purchasers.
- SolarWatt PV panels (German) – Sustainable Settlements bulk buy
- Reclaim Energy – four different sizes of CO2 based heat pumps.
- Pioneer Water Tanks – zincalume water tanks of various sizes.
- Bosch / Neff – two discount packages on European kitchen appliance brands including oven, induction cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher.
- Brightgreen – High-quality, carbon neutral LED lighting from Australian company Brightgreen.
- Austim – Sustainable timber cladding – Vulcan Hector FSC, Merbau FSC
- James Hardie – Linea Weatherboard, Axon 133 and Villaboard (bathrooms)
- Canon Double Glazing – uPVC double glazed windows – U Value 2.3 – Integrated operation WA based extrusions and glazed units
- Thermaglaze Windows WA – uPVC double glazed windows – U Value 1.3
- Eco-Logical Pest Management – Natural termite ground treatment
- Water Wally Water Conservation and Management Alternatives – greywater systems.