UNDER CONTRACT – 11 Yornitj Grove, Witchcliffe – Cluster 1A Witchcliffe Ecovillage.
It is a true privilege to sell such a magnificent high-quality home in the unique, sustainable Witchcliffe Ecovillage community. Barely more than a year old, this beautifully appointed 2 bed 2 bath custom home on a 465sqm Cottage lot is a rare opportunity for one lucky buyer to jump into life in the established community of Cluster 1A.
Built by eco-conscious owners who have spared no expense to ensure its sustainability, longevity, and comfort, this passive solar designed, carbon negative home is self-sufficient in rainwater and solar energy.
With 163sqm of interior living space PLUS outdoor rooms, this “little” two-bedroom home is anything but. Spacious and light-filled, it has a flexible activity / office area that facilitates all manner of hobbies, work, or separate living arrangements. American White Oak features prominently in the large kitchen, and open plan dining / living that spills out onto two separate covered alfresco entertaining areas. A landscaped courtyard between the two main volumes of the home facilitates cross-ventilation and natural light and offers yet another protected outdoor room.
Nestled alongside a central footpath that provides open space on the west, the home is flanked by lovingly tended gardens of pure delight and abundance. The magnificent vegie patch on its 115sqm of Exclusive Use Area within the shared community garden is a favourite pitstop on the Ecovillage sales tour. A model garden overflowing with flowers, fruit trees, vegetables and greenery, it is admired (and envied) by all who walk past.
This exceptional home has no competitors and will not stay on the market for long. Don’t hesitate in making time to view this sustainable beauty.
- Passive solar design
- 7.7-star NatHERS thermal efficiency rating
- -167% GWP (Global Warming Potential) life cycle assessment
- 100% solar power: 10.88kW solar panels, 8.2kW inverter, shared cluster-level Tesla Powerpack battery
- Water self-sufficient: 62,000L rainwater tank, UV filtration system, greywater builder’s kit
- Excellent cross-ventilation, wind protection and natural light
- Permaculture designed home and garden
- 465sqm Survey Strata lot + 115sqm EUA (Exclusive Use Area – vegetable patch) in Cluster 1A of the Witchcliffe Ecovillage
- 2 bedroom 2 ensuite custom home with high quality finishes throughout
- Mortlock Vacoa exterior timber cladding with excellent insulation
- Large, well-equipped kitchen with abundant storage featuring American White Oak benchtops
- Sunny, open plan living / dining room with Oak finished laminate floors
- Spacious, multi-purpose activity room / office with built-in furniture, high ceilings, and skylight, opening to an internal landscaped courtyard
- Both bedrooms have wool carpets, fitted out built-in robes, and tastefully neutral ensuites.
- Two covered alfresco timber decks (north and east) with Ziplock retractable UV blinds for sun and wind protection
- Double glazed windows and doors, quality window coverings and fans
- Beautiful, well-tended gardens full of edibles, ornamental and native plants, raised garden beds, 13 fruit trees, small garden shed and plumbed sink to dam water
- Carport with spacious storeroom housing tech systems
Only the second home to come up for sale in the Ecovillage, this too is a bittersweet sale for the owners and will pass hands regretfully. But it’s all luck for a new buyer who can leapfrog the challenges of building, and instead land squarely in the joy of springtime in a new home in the Ecovillage.