Once-in-a-lifetime buyer’s opportunity
34 MARDO DRIVE, WITCHCLIFFE – CLUSTER 2A, WITCHCLIFFE ECOVILLAGE
NOW UNDER CONTRACT
This new (completed in 2023), multi-generational 5 bed 3 bath family home set on a 1,100sqm strata lot of permaculture paradise is the very model of sustainable living. Top to bottom complete, there is absolutely nothing left to do on this property but harvest food from the abundant, established gardens, relax and enjoy life in the unique Witchcliffe Ecovillage.
Comprised of two self-contained homes connected under one roof, this clever floor plan can be utilised to suit a large family, teenagers seeking privacy, older parents, long term tenants, a live-in carer or a fabulous guest suite. Energy efficient, passive solar design, carbon negative, multi-generational, 100% solar and water self-sufficient, permaculture designed – this home ticks ALL the sustainability boxes – not to mention it’s also spacious, beautiful, and comfortable with all the mod cons you could want.
- Passive solar design
- 8-star NatHERS thermal efficiency rating
- -112% GWP (Global Warming Potential) life cycle assessment
- 100% solar power – 13kW solar panels, 10kW inverter, shared cluster-level Tesla Powerpack battery
- Water self-sufficient – 170,000L rainwater tank, greywater system, water saving devices
- Low VOC materials used throughout
- Holistic Permaculture design
- 1,100sqm Survey Strata lot + 159sqm EUA (Exclusive Use Area – vegetable patch) in Cluster 2A of the Witchcliffe Ecovillage
- 2 x self-contained passive solar designed homes under one roof (house completed in early 2023):
- 3 bed 2 bath main home; PLUS
- 2 bed 1 bath ancillary ‘granny flat’ with full kitchen (suitable for long term rental)
- 3-phase power supply
- Huge, well-equipped kitchen with sunny, spacious open plan living / dining
- Double glazed windows and doors, quality window coverings
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning, fans to all bedroom and living areas
- Two solar pergola alfresco areas, a verandah and a freestanding patio
- 6 x 4 gable powered workshop
- Magnificent Permaculture designed gardens including a covered orchard with integrated chicken coop, landscaped Exclusive Use Area (EUA), full of fruit trees, edible, bush tucker, native and exotic perennials.
- Greywater system (irrigation to citrus orchard and front gardens)
- Drip irrigation system from RW tank to all other areas
- Double covered carport with spacious storeroom housing tech systems
- Concrete pathways throughout
Home to Permaculture pioneers, Ross and Jenny Mars, this is the home they carefully designed, constructed and planted for themselves, so you know it’s so much more than a garden. It’s an abundant living pantry and an insurance policy for the future. Chock full of a diverse mix of exotic, native and edible perennials, including 20+ varieties of heritage apple trees alone, this property is a rare find for one lucky buyer. It’s also the first built home in the Witchcliffe Ecovillage to come up for sale, albeit regretfully, due to an unfortunate change in family circumstances.
While devastated to be losing Ross and Jenny from our community, Village Homes Realty is thrilled to bring a property of this calibre to market as it perfectly embodies the Ecovillage sustainability ethos.
If you are interested in this property, please contact Real Estate Representative, Jo Thierfelder, at Village Homes Realty on (08) 9757 6688, email: [email protected] or visit https://www.ecovillage.net.au/sales/village-homes-realty/