Garden lots are available for those who want a bit more space, additional infrastructure and / or a large garden or orchard. They will be perfect for large and extended families, a contractor with tools and machinery, or someone running a home business.
- Sized from 1,533sqm to 2,170sqm in 3E
- Nine 3E garden lots are NOW AVAILABLE
Our larger garden lots sit adjacent to the entrances into the Ecovillage, on both the northern (3E) and southern ends (4E and 5D) of the site. They offer ample space and dam water for private orchard gardens and vegetable beds, a shade house and a shed. They don’t connect to a shared community garden but have all the sustainability features of the Ecovillage with access to community open space, walk trails and infrastructure. Accessed via a quiet street within the Ecovillage, these lots are buffered from the highway by an earth bund, dense plantings and mature trees.
The garden lots should not be mistaken for the ubiquitous “lifestyle” lots found in the region as they differ in a number of important ways. These Ecovillage strata titled lots benefit from:
- deep sewerage connection to our community wastewater treatment plant.
- access to cheap, high quality, irrigation water from our dams to facilitate productive gardens.
- a Tesla Powerwall battery included in the lot price.
- access to renewable energy infrastructure including a shared electrical microgrid and single point connection to Western Power.
- membership in Ecovillage Commons Ltd (not for profit company) and use of its land and amenities (dams, conservation areas, avocado orchards, etc).
All Garden lots are zoned to allow residents to build an ancillary dwelling (under 70sqm in size), which can be used for extended family and guests, as well as a long-term rental of more than three months (not short stay) under current Shire planning regulations.
If you are interested, there’s not many of them, so please Register Your Interest and contact us at [email protected]