The Witchcliffe Ecovillage has been designed with a variety of lot sizes and uses in order to encourage a diverse community. From singles and couples of all ages (including first home owners) to families, retirees, aged and dependent people: all are welcome and catered for within our suite of seven different residential lot options.
Land in the Ecovillage
In addition to facilitating a broad demographic, our range of different lot products will encourage those who want to work from home, artists and artisans who want to create, and those who wish to run a small business or organic farm enterprise. Dedicated affordable housing (Groupie lots) and aged and dependent care housing will be available to eligible, low-income households and over 55’s.
All homes in the Witchcliffe Ecovillage will be required to be:
- 100% self sufficient in renewable energy from rooftop solar panels and centralised (at cluster-level) battery storage
- 100% self-sufficient in water with household rainwater tanks
- passive solar designed, carbon negative and energy and water efficient
- where possible, made of local and alternative materials to reduce embodied energy
- complementary to the existing rural character of Witchcliffe.
Stage 1 underway
Stage 1 commenced in 2019 with the construction of two new dams, which are complete and have filled with water over winter. Stage 1 civil construction is planned to start in February 2020 at which time we plan to commence running sales presentations ahead of opening for lot sales in residential clusters 1A, 1B and 1C.
Ecovillage Concept Plans
The Ecovillage Concept Master Plan offers a broad overview of the entire 120ha site and lists all its key features. View the Stage 1 Concept Plan to understand what’s happening on site now and in our first stage of construction, which will commence in early 2020. Visualise life in the community gardens through our beautifully illustrated Cluster Plans 1A, 1B and 1C and find your perfect lot.