The Document Library will be a repository of all the important documents you’ll need to read and understand if you want to become a resident of the Witchcliffe Ecovillage. We’ll be adding links to important documents, recommended reading, sales contracts and forms to this page as they are finalised and we get closer to the Stage 1 pre-sales launch of the Ecovillage.
Ecovillage Sustainable Building Design Guidelines
Draft Sustainable Building Design Guidelines (current as at March 2020)
Lot Inclusions & Eligibility Criteria
- Project Overview Handbook
- Ownership Handbook
- Water Handbook
- Building Your Home Handbook
- Residential Energy Supply Handbook
While the information provided in these handbooks is accurate at the time of publication (May 2020), some may still be marked as DRAFT until such time as we achieve our subdivision clearances, the LDPs are approved by WAPC and the Strata By-Laws company is registered with Landgate.
Draft Local Development Plans (LDPs)
An LDP “is a mechanism used to coordinate and assist in achieving better built form outcomes by linking lot design to future development”. LDPs can supplement or amend the development requirements within the Residential Design Codes and are signed off by the Shire (on behalf of the WAPC). Key requirements that our LDPs cover are:
- boundary setbacks, building height, primary dwelling orientation
- locations for rainwater tanks
- crossover locations
- building materials
- fencing and retaining walls
Ecovillage Structure Plan – Land Use Map
Ecovillage Structure Plan – Land Use Map (November 2017)
This Land Use map shows the ‘Village Centre’ zoning and can be used to ascertain which lots are included within the 50m radius of a ‘Village Centre’ zone, a condition required under the Shire’s Local Planning Policy 7 - Short Stay Accommodation. This means that homes built on lots within this area would be able to be used as short stay accommodation with Shire approval.
Ecovillage Bushfire Management Plan
Ecovillage Sales Contract
When we launch the project and open for sales, these documents will form part of the sales process, which is outlined here.
- Application Form – Purchase An Ecovillage Lot
- Contract for Sale of Strata Title by Offer and Acceptance form (commonly called the “O & A”)
- Joint Form of General Conditions for the Sale of Land (commonly referred to as “General Conditions”). This is only available in hardcopy.
- Disclosure Statement: Sale of Strata Titled Lot or Proposed Strata Titled Lot (Form 28)
- Witchcliffe Ecovillage Management Statement (Strata By-Laws)
Augusta-Margaret River Shire Planning Documents
Local Planning Policy 7 – Short Stay Accommodation
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on the appropriate location, scale, use and management of short stay accommodation in the Shire.
PS01 Ancillary Dwellings
“Ancillary Dwelling” (or Granny Flat) refers to the development of ancillary self-contained accommodation on the same lot as a single house.
Local Planning Scheme No. 1
This document (specifically pages 38-42) provides information relating to allowed land uses in the ‘Village Centre’ zone, e.g. what type of businesses can operate.