NatHERS (Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme) is a star rating system (out of 10) that rates the thermal efficiency of the home’s design. In other words, how well the house can stay at a comfortable temperature throughout the year without artificial heating or cooling. Every Ecovillage home must achieve a minimum of 7 stars. Read more on our Sustainability Assessments page.
THE CROFT – Price on enquiry
DESIGNED by Nikko design; built by Tate construction
A compact design with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and open space kitchen and living areas, this design also provides a very large north deck with a solar pergola to make the most of outdoor living and allows natural light to bathe the living areas.
Generous room sizes and an enclosed garage offer easy living while still retaining ample external areas that will delight the enthusiastic gardener’s heart. As with all our designs, The Croft meets all of the comprehensive Witchcliffe Ecovillage Sustainable Building Design Guidelines, so the hard work is done for you. The Croft has a negative carbon rating (LCA rating to come) and a thermal assessment rating of 9 stars.
Tate Construction offers two other options for the Family lot: The Blackwood and The Lodge. For detailed information about this home and the additional two designs Tate is offering, please download the specification schedule below and contact Tate Construction directly.
- Timber frame construction and cladding
- Zincalume roofing
- Aluminium double glazed windows
- Burnished concrete floors and tiled bathrooms / laundry
- Glulam timber benchtops with Spotted Gum Veneer cabinetry throughout.
(Refer to Specifications Schedule for more detail.)
- Passive solar design
- Well insulated, thermally efficient home
- Low embodied energy materials (carbon negative)
- Energy efficient heat pump hot water system
- Plumbed ready for greywater system
- Minimum 6.6kW solar PV system (not included)
- Rainwater tanks and pump (not included)
(Refer to Inclusions / Exclusions List for more detail.)
Pre-designed Home and Land Pricing
An Ecovillage Pre-designed Home and lot consist of two wholly separate contracts:
- Buyers must purchase and settle on an Ecovillage lot first from the developer, Sustainable Settlements. If you need finance, you’ll need to apply for a separate loan from a financial institution for the land.
- Buyers then enter into a separate financial agreement and building contract with their chosen builder. Sustainable Settlements (the Witchcliffe Ecovillage) is not involved in this process. So regardless of whether you opt for a bespoke design and build or you choose a house design from our range of Pre-designed Homes, you will need to work directly with your builder and your financial institution during the home building process.
Documentation and Certifications
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is an excellent method for measuring the environmental impact of a building by assessing “every single impact aspect of a product or process over its entire life span. We require every Ecovillage home to undertake an LCA. Read more about Sustainability Assessments here.
The Ecovillage Design Team requested its guild of builders meet the minimum requirements outlined in this General Specification Schedule as part of their tender pricing process for Ecovillage homes. There will be variations in the materials, suppliers and pricing they have assumed for certain items. Consequently, we strongly advise you to discuss the specification schedule and associated pricing of your chosen home in detail with your builder so you understand exactly what is being built.Download Specification schedule
Please download this Inclusions and Exclusions List to understand what the builders have assumed within their build price.download inclusions / exclusions list
We have required all our builders to undertake an independent financial health check using www.alwayscheckyourbuilder.com.au and to make this available to any prospective clients on request.