So much more than a block of land…
The Witchcliffe Ecovillage is far from a standard residential subdivision. If you’re considering buying a residential lot in the Ecovillage, we want to ensure you understand you’re buying a lot more than simply a piece of dirt on which to build a house.
Our goal has always been to be as sustainable as possible while doing our utmost to keep lot prices affordable and the Ecovillage accessible to everyone.
To that end, we have included many sustainability features into the residential lot price (including a Tesla Powerwall battery for all homes in Stage 4) and are sourcing significant bulk discounts on mandatory items like world leading solar panels, heat pumps and rainwater tanks.
What’s included in the Cluster 4A and 4B lot price?
- Exclusive Use Garden Area (EUA) – every lot (Family, Cottage and Groupie) has access to its own irrigated EUA in the adjacent community garden ranging in size from approximately 65sqm to 250sqm.
- Access to affordable, abundant, clean water supply / irrigation for community gardens, EUAs and streetscaping from the Ecovillage dams.
- Free connection to your cluster’s renewable energy microgrid.
- A 13.5kWh Tesla Powerwall battery for every home, which enables self-sufficiency in renewable energy.
- 50kW Electric Vehicle (EV) fast charger provided in every cluster.
- 100% renewable energy with sufficient excess solar energy produced to provide the average household with the ability to charge an EV for local daily use.
- NBN Fibre to each home.
- Dividing fencing between lots (end lot fences are not included) made of pine pole and Griplock wire (agricultural fencing), which is designed to be used as a trellis for growing vines and creepers.
- Share of a large central community garden and all its facilities including a community building / tool shed / meeting place, netted orchard and children’s play area.
- Share of 42.95ha of Ecovillage Commons (land owned collectively by Ecovillage residents), which includes three dams, irrigated agroforestry area to provide mulch to the community gardens, 3ha of irrigated avocado orchard, and beautiful bushland and riparian conservation zones. This equates to approximately 50% of the entire Ecovillage development in open space and community gardens.
- Free connection to community-scale Ecovillage sewerage service and on-site infrastructure, which means there’s no need to purchase a $15,000 stand-alone septic system as required elsewhere in Witchcliffe.
- Free access to professional Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) software by eTool to ensure every Ecovillage home complies with the Witchcliffe Ecovillage Sustainability Building Design Guidelines and is as sustainable as possible (low embodied energy and carbon negative). Every house will be able to undergo an LCA free of charge.
- Bulk purchase discounts provided by the developer (Sustainable Settlements) for key sustainability features such as solar panels, rainwater tanks, locally milled plantation hardwood, greywater systems and so much more.
- Sustainability Building Design Guidelines and the advice of our Ecovillage Design Team to help you build a sustainable, carbon negative home.
More benefits of Ecovillage life
There are countless intangible benefits to living in a resilient, caring, environmentally-conscious community surrounded by like-minded people. Indeed, this social capital is one of the driving forces behind the entire Ecovillage concept, which embraces the whole Witchcliffe community and the wider region. That’s why the Ecovillage is not just for residents; we’re also providing an incredible array of public amenities.
- A dedicated Village Square with pub, cafe, backpackers, community centre, Creative Hub, adjacent commercial lots and Food Hub that will ensure employment opportunities and future amenity to Ecovillage residents and the wider community.
- Landscaped winter creeks / living streams flowing throughout the Ecovillage collecting stormwater for re-use in the Ecovillage dams.
- Ecovillage Public Open Space including the Village Square and playing field has been constructed up-front in Stage 1.
- Pedestrian, bike, pram and wheelchair friendly path networks throughout the Ecovillage.
- Productive landscaping on verges wherever possible throughout the Ecovillage.